Translate

Friday, July 27, 2012

Wedding Stuffs

I haven't written in a while, because I've been caught up in wedding stuff, so this post is going to be a bit long and pic-heavy. We've finally, finally settled on our save-the-dates. I'll be making them myself. Since our relationship started with a heated debate about whether or not Jane Austen was a feminist, our wedding has some "book decor" lying around. So, it only makes sense to have our save-the-dates be bookmarks!

So far, this is the mockup (sorry for the crappy picture. I had to take it outside since my apartment has little lighting):


On the edges, I dipped them in black ink, it's just not showing up. In the box in the middle will be this wonderfully whimsical stamp that I found on Etsy (oh how I love Etsy!):

Then I'll hand-ink in the heart with our names. I was going to buy a stamp from a lovely etsy shop owner, but my fiance saw a mockup that I was just using in place of said stamp, and he liked the idea of my handwriting. Here it is with taken with my iPhone:


Followed by the date, of course. I wish I could find a stamp maker:


I'll then use twine as the "ribbon" of the bookmark.

Speaking of the lovely Etsy: I've been thinking about opening my own shop for a while now. I have a friend in Washington state who said he would take the pictures of my things for me. He might as well be a professional photographer because he's really good at what he does.

Here is a sign that I made recently with a sharpie (isn't instagram fun?):


 I'll be getting better ink pens here soon. Actually my micron pens should be arriving in the mail today. Thank you Amazon Prime for Students!

Let's look at some other pictures (the inspiring kind) that I've found on these here interwebs:

I have fallen in love with this gown: 

I found it at Watters.com. The closest place selling this gown is in Cary, North Carolina, which is about 3 hours from where I live. I also have no idea how much this gown costs. My friend, who is buying my wedding dress, gave me a budget of under $1,000. Isn't that generous! She said we should look around places in town, and if I don't find what I want, we'll go anywhere to get it, but that was before she got pregnant with her second child, and I'm not sure how she'd feel about that now. It never hurts to ask. 

Watters is probably my favorite designer. Here are some others that I found, but the closest dress shops that sell them are still just too far away.

Tent rental price went up! I'm so peeved about that. What really makes me mad is that where I live we only have ONE rental company (with a population of almost 100K) that supplies tents. Know what happens when there's no competition? Prices go up, just 'cause they can, there's no such thing as discounts, oh and the business owners/manager/employees can be as unfriendly as they choose, because hey, where else are you going to rent?

Onto the drink selection! I've decided to throw a little tasting party for my bridesmaids (five of them) and my immediate family (five of them) plus Jack, our friend Jacob, and I. 13 people, if my math is correct! 

For starters, let's do an adult raspberry lemonade. I found this via pinterest and it links back to Cup of Mai:

Raspbery beer cocktail

I'm hoping it's delicious, because if I can spread the alcohol out, it'll go further. Plus it's the perfect coral-y pink that I'm looking for!

Second on our drink list is a kid-friendly Tiffany's color punch, by Eat Drink Pretty.

Won't those look pretty together?

Also, I'm determined to serve aguas frescas. They are so refreshing. If ever a Spanish-speaker offers you an Agua de BLANK, say "absolutely!" It's basically a ratio of water, fruit, sugar, and lime, ladled from a glass barrel and poured over ice. I'll probably hold the lime and set wedges aside so people can add as much as or as little as they'd like.


aguas frescas

Of course we'll also be serving plain ol' water, sweet tea ('cause we're southern y'all), cokes, and beer brewed by my sweetie and the best man.

Now for appetizers!

Pigs in a Poke! with little smokies and sesame seeds (hold the mustard)

Pinned Image

Chocolate dipped fruit skewers!

chocolate dipped pineapple, banana, strawberry skewers

Chips and dip! Someone found at Style Me Pretty:





Cute way to serve food at a cookout.  Use scalloped scissors to cut top off brown paper bag and embellish with rubber stamp.  Like it!

Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers! I'm going to stuff mine with hummus and serve them raw:



Stuffed mini sweet peppers. Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon. Low carb.

Chicken and Waffles!
Little Chicken and Waffles!!

I think that's good for starters! It'd be really cool to set up a biscuit bar. I looooove blackberry jam (not jelly! Jam!). But I don't think it's in the budget. My next post will be about all the lovely invitations I've found and what we plan to do with them besides send them out to 150 people!

No comments:

Post a Comment